Friday, March 29, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Broken



1. Write for 5 minutes flat on the prompt: “Broken” with no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.


GO

I remember what it's like to be broken. I remember the point in my life when I thought that God was very far from me. Four years ago, I was in the hospital for emergency surgery. That afternoon, I was studying at school. The study hall for classes was on top of a dirt road type driveway that was very slanted and rocky. I remember tripping over a huge rock and not being able to get up. I called out for help and someone came to help me but still I felt very very broken. 

All I remember is pain for the next few days and I knew I was in the Lord's hands all along, but still the fact is that I was still very very afraid. I had never had surgery before and I was four hours from home. I felt very very broken and open and there was no one that I knew there except for a study hall person Mrs. Cheryl. She rode to the hospital with me. All I could think was Please don't leave me in this hospital alone. I was not her child I was not someone she cared more than a friend about. I felt very alone and very broken. I remember the pain as they moved me from place to place to place to place to place. I remember the meds they gave me. After that I remember nothing at all really. I went into surgery the next day. I remember even in my broken state that God does look after His Children I remember the church coming by and how there was always someone from church coming by to see me even when my family arrived to look after me. I would take that day back to have the strength and nerves in my legs again. But I know that God does take care of us and mend us when we think we are broken. I honestly to this day do not know why all that happened to me, but I do know that God holds the future. HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU OR FORSAKE YOU!!!!!

STOP


2 comments:

  1. He will truly never leave or forsake us. Thanks for the reminder! I am wondering at the physical difficulties I'm facing as well and this is exactly what I needed to hear. The future may not be the same for me, I may not know what it holds but I know WHO holds the future.

    I'm your FMF neighbor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post. No, we don't know why things happen. In our study on Jonah, Priscilla Shirer was saying that God sees the whole plan - across generations - and He knows what's what and what's best. To get to the point of trusting Him. Purely trusting Him. It takes a lot out of us - or so it seems. But as we grow in trusting Him . . . . things we never knew possible occur in our hearts if not our lives. I shake my head at myself in so many ways - but - now, I'm starting to see it differently.

    Aren't you glad He provided for you when you were alone . . . well, you weren't really alone, as you said.

    Thanks for your post. Hugs to ya! Jenn

    ReplyDelete