Thursday, March 14, 2013

Onions So Good They Make You Wanna Cry

Today was an EXTREMELY busy day. The morning started out very well. We had our morning devotion, which was very good. Today we read from John 12 about Mary anointing Jesus with perfume. They told us we would be making soup and homemade bread and rolls. This sounded so simple when really it was not.

The day began by slicing twice as many vegetables for the soups. Then on top of this...the city health inspector came by for inspection. This made work twice as hard for us because we had to be without the head cook for a while doing what seemed to be double the work.

After the health inspector left, it was already 12 and I had just got done chopping onions. Woo, one thing about chopping onions is that they make you want to cry. The lady next to me was chopping cucumbers and she said that the onions were getting to her.

Class was really good today. I will post the notes a little later. The class was again John teaching from the book of John. The next class we really discussed ideas from a paper from a roman catholic organization. We determined that our views are very different from their views.

When I got back to the kitchen, it was good. The speed had slowed down a bit. I helped cut the bread and get the salad bar ready. Dinner was packed. I take it that soup night is a very popular night. One creative guy took the round loaves of bread that we received from the donation bin and made it into a bread bowl. I didn't really help with line pick up tonight.

Tonight was a ladies Bible study where we talked about James 1. I sat with Hannah and even my roommate Sara got to go, even though at first she thought she wouldn't be able to make it. It was a very insightful Bible study.

After the Bible study, Hannah and I made tea together. The coffee shop was closed so we had it in the dining room. Then we went to the living room on my floor.

Well I really need to get some sleep. I believe it's going to be a big day tomorrow with the concert. A group that plays music that sounds like they are from Ireland lol. I can't wait I think it will be so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment