Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday....well not wonderful but not so bad either

Today was a good day. I went downstairs to work like usual. Usually I grab a quick bite of something and go into the senior's dining room for morning devotional. The senior's dining room is for the people that live in the 8th, 9th, and 10th floors of our low income based housing. When they are seated in the senior's dining room, they are served. I am told that it is served restaurant style where the "waiter" or "waitress" takes their order. After the seniors clear out, the kitchen crew and clean up crew go into the senior's dining hall and that is where we have our devotion time. Usually we read from 'My Utmost For His Highest'. After that we pray, and there we plan out what each person will be responsible for. We were told we were cooking Beef Stroganoff today. So we went into the kitchen.

On the way into the kitchen, one of the coordinators stopped me (a coordinator is a person that oversees scheduling and living arrangements, and this person also helps out when someone can't complete their job, also a person who arranges visits from people interested in this ministry and people who want to move in). Cindy asked me if I could help work the front desk and the phone since the lady that usually handles it is sick. I said sure and got right to work. I am a people person and love talking to people.I answered phones and put mail away all morning. I worked there from nine A.M until noon. At noon, the lady who was sick came and said she was feeling better and would be able to take over. So I went to my room and relaxed for a little while.

The afternoon was really strange and odd to me. At class time which is one, I went down to class only to find one person there along with the teacher. He said since no one showed up he would cancel class for the day. Second class at 2, same thing no one showed up except for me and that same guy. I don't know where everyone went, but it sure wasn't to class.

The afternoon in the kitchen was CRAZY. Tim the head cook said that they ran out of beef, so they had to cook ham for the stroganoff. Then it turned out we didn't have enough noodles, so we gave noodles for the Senior's dinner and cooked rice for us. We didn't have time to prepare a vegetarian dish. We barely got the food out on time, the greens had to cook a little longer.

I sat with my family for dinner. We talked about the pope and christian rock music. After dinner, my roommate and I went to the coffee shop for tea and to study for our bible study which is tomorrow night

No comments:

Post a Comment