Monday, March 18, 2013

Satuday and Sunday All in One Post


Saturday was a good day. I thought about the class on rest and also about the Five Minute Friday about rest. I took their advice, I think the Lord was trying to tell me something (hint, hint, nudge, nudge). So I did all my work on Saturday. I did all my laundry. Ugh, laundry was horrible. I had a load of clothes that were so stained up from working in the kitchen.

Laundry took almost all day, in between I went to the coffee shop to hang out. That is my new hang out spot. This sounds crazy but within the upbeat music, I do find a lot of peace there.

After laundry, I went to the family fondue party. Some of the ladies there said I should bring my Mary Kay Satin Hands. So we all had a fondue party/beauty party. It was fun. The fondue was pretty good too. Our hands ended up being silky smooth. We just spent time talking and getting to know each other.

I actually ended up going to sleep early.

Sunday was a good day too. I actually don't think I've had any bad days since I've been here. I went to church and sat by Sara and Cindy. They presented the last two stations of the cross. Jesus falling for the last time and Jesus' clothing is stripped. It was really meaningful and reflective. I didn't eat lunch that day because it did not look appetizing at all. While Sara and I were in the room, she asked if I liked to bake. I said yes but that I don't have much experience. She eneded up inviting me to a small group that her and another girl here Anastasia go to every other sunday.

I made sure that it was in walking distance. So we decided to make banana bread that is glueten free so that Sara could have some.

Baking the bread took all afternoon. Around 5, we got ready to go and walked there. It was a good 30 minute walk. I got to see a little of the city and go to a side of town that I had never been to.

The small group was nice. There were kids running around everywhere. We talked about church, politicians, missions, and homeless shelters. We also ate finger food and the banana bread without glueten was a big success.

The walk back home was a lot colder than I expected. I could see every breath that I made. My legs were freezing. My friend let me borrow her mittens, which helped a lot.

When we got home, me and Sara went to Annaliese's room/house and watched Where the Heart Is. Sara had to leave early, but me and Annaleise finished watching it and then we stayed up until 12 talking.

Overall, a really good relaxing weekend. Now I'm ready for the new week

No comments:

Post a Comment