Friday, March 22, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Remember


This is where I write for five minutes flat on a topic that is given on a christian blog Five Minute Friday. This week's topic is Remember. So here I go

GO

I remember a lot of things that come to mind when I think of remembering. I remember Grandma Faye and how the family would always go swimming in her and Grandpa's pool. I remember how she took me to Birmingham when I was young for my first Tim McGraw concert with Uncle Ray and Jackie. I have known that she wasn't really my blood grandmother either only a step grandmother but how she always cared for all of her grandchildren. I vaguely remember going with her to show houses since she was a real estate agent. I loved going to her house every weekend and going to children's church. I always remember their house being at the center of everything. I would anxiously wait when my cousins would be coming over and ask When will Jackie or Jamie be here?

END

I will always remember Grandma Faye and even though she died of cancer when I was very young. 


2 comments:

  1. Sweet thoughts! Thanks for sharing about your step-grandmother. I am a stepmom and I hope that one day my stepchildren (and grandchildren) will remember me lovingly too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,
    thanks for stopping by my place (More Grace)...I loved my grandma too. I'm really touched that you mentioned she is your step grandmother. A small detail that is swallowed up by loving you completely. She was a fun lady to be with! And now that I'm a grandmother, I hope to create lasting memories for my grandchildren too.

    More Grace,
    Donna
    @donnamaeharris
    More Grace :: donnaharris.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete