Monday, March 11, 2013

Kinda slow for a Monday


Today was a really good day. I was in the kitchen and my buddy Seda was in there. Seda is my buddy, she is also the one that helped me get to know everything and showed me around on my first day. So, this morning I helped with the salad bar. I cut up carrots and cucumbers.

Afterwards, a  couple that I have been working with every day since I got here, Zach and Sasha. They let me do the dinner board. What that means is every day we have a board that we put up at lunch time that shows what we will be eating for dinner that night. You have a basket full of markers and you can decorate the board. So it's turkey fried rice. I wrote the words and then I drew (to the best of my ability) a turkey, tomato, pepper, and a bowl with a bag next to it. I hope if people can't read they will figure out what we are eating by the pictures.

We got done before 11 am, so I fixed a cup of hot tea and went to my room.

At 1 pm, there was my class. The class today was about John. It's easy to remember the teacher in this class because his name is....well....John. I will include the notes when I am done for today. John...teaching John...was the only class for today.

After that I was informed by my buddy that if I am in the discipleship classes, I don't have to go back to the kitchen until 4. So I went ahead and went up to my room and relaxed a little while.

At 4, I went down to help in the kitchen. As I was stirring up veggies and rice, I thought about the verse that says "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. John 4:34. At first when I came here, I thought cooking and preparing food wasn't a big deal. Sometimes I feel like I'm not helping people, but in reality I am helping them get fed so that they can feed other people (spiritually and physically).

I ate dinner and helped with line cleanup, The food is served in a buffet style manner. So I had to take the leftovers out and put them in the refrigerator. Sasha and Zach helped me take the salad bar apart and put it up.

This evening has been a really quiet evening. It is really cold outside. I'm going to drink some tea and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment