Saturday, March 16, 2013

Friday is Here!

Friday was a pretty good day. The kitchen crew started the day with Our Daily Bread devotional. I don't really remember what it was about the only thing I remember is that it was very cheesy. Some of them stick with you for a long while and are very profound. Other's just go in one ear and go out the other. We were making burger bean bake for dinner that night with homemade dinner rolls (yay).  So me and Seda were the only ones in there somehow. So our job was to just prep the bread dough. So we made the bread dough and were done extremely early at 10:30.

At 10:30 I didn't have anything else to do so I went to my room. I actually got some transcription done for my little side job. I didn't realize that when I came into the community, I would have to give that up too. It's not for that much, it's through a site called www.mturk.com. Some of the jobs aren't worth paying anything for but the transcription jobs are the best paying ones on there. Before I came to this community, I did it to help me get a little extra Christmas money. I ended up making about $75.00 extra by working 3-4 hours in the evening. Friday I got about 2 hours on the site just working. But I had planned on getting some work in every day. It's okay, at least I know that I am always staying busy.

I didn't really eat lunch and when I came down for class. Today we were working on the magazine for P12. (Which is the name of the discipleship class) We all pitched in and gave a few ideas. I'm going to see if I can come up with any poetry. Some people are contributing paintings and articles.

After class, I went back into the kitchen. Thank goodness, there were more people in there helping out. We rolled up the dough and put it on the cookie sheets. That took longer than I thought. Tim the head cook was working on the burger bake I guess. I was in charge of keeping the timer for the rolls and taking them out and putting them into the holders. So i did that every 10 minutes, I would get the rolls put them in the warmer take the dough and put it in the oven.



This really made me think about how in life, we are bread in God's eyes. Think about this, He molds us into what we need to be. He puts the right amount of everything we need in our bodies. For example, our gifts and abilities, we may not know what they are, but God adds just a pinch of artistic creativity with a little pinch of something else for example leadership. Then throughout our lives, if we are believers, He molds us into what we are through Christ. When we are put into the oven of life, we are tested to see if we will remain confident in Christ through all the trials and tribulations in life. This is just a little thought I had while baking bread.

The burger bean bake was a little better than I expected it to be. It was burgers and beans put over rice. Sara's old roommate Becky came by and visited. She is the one I went to the coffee shop with on my first night here. She now lives outside of the community and has a full time job. She returns to visit a lot. I guess she really misses her friends.

The Irish concert in the evening was so amazing. I love that type of music even though I only hear it when St. Patrick's Day comes around. The band's name is The Crossing an article about the Crossing. I danced to a few songs and the flutes and the harps and the pipes were so amazing. I met my friend Molly there, who had worked in the kitchen with me for several days when I first arrived. She was only visiting during spring break if I remember correctly but had returned just for the concert. This concert was put on so that our girl scout troop can raise money to go on a mission trip.

I got up to my room very very tired. It was only 11 but it seemed like it was a lot later than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment