Friday, July 12, 2013

Yesterday's Post - Better Days and Fruits of the Spirit

Today nothing out of the ordinary happened which was good....really good. My roommate got approved for her surgery. Please pray for her that she has peace before and throughout and after the whole surgery. She's such a blessing in my life.

Today at the front desk, was uneventful. The day really flew by. I had a nice lunch. I fixed a sandwich and ran to my room to hang out for a bit. I even did a little work on the transcription website. I remember I did that last year, I started in September and I made a few bucks. This week I've decided not to take any side jobs. Working from 8 to 5 plus more work is a lot. I did that all last week with my own cleaning team.

Bible study was really good. We talked about the fruits of the Spirit. I realized in my own life, that I have been judging things that weren't necessarily bad. We judge so many things that aren't that important. Like for example. Are you a republican or democrat, You can guarantee when you say that, the other person will be totally opposite. Why should Christians even care? I know who cares, our flesh cares. Satan cares...not God. Then afterwards I got to thinking about how we are constantly bombarded with things on Facebook and also on other social media websites. For a moment, I thought about deleting my Facebook. We also talked about how Christians can sometimes be the most judging and how Paul talked about the circumcised and UN circumcised. I could just see in my mind's eye the picture. A circusized jew saying na na boo boo i'm better than you. I'm this way and you're not. Then I thought of how this applies today and it applies because a lot of the times I want to judge people. Especially before I lived in community. I would think things about a person based on what I saw. Like for example, I always thought based off of 1 Corinthians 6:19 which says

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

What did I think before I came here? Ewww, how much of a christian can that person be, they have tattoos of  crosses and angels on their skin, but the Bible says that our body is a temple of His Spirit. It's the same thing as being circumcised or not circumcised. It doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter how rich or how poor I am. It doesn't matter that I like blue shoes and another person going to my church has white shoes. Come on church! We need to realize that once we stop focusing on these trivial things, then maybe we can advance His church.

Galatians 5:2-6

Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

No comments:

Post a Comment