Saturday, August 17, 2013

One Thing Remains...and Southern Differences

"

" So today was a pretty good day. Actually I didn't do very much. I went to a wedding, a "virtual wedding." If Tim heard this then he would be saying "You kids and your technologies these days." I was really happy to attend the union, to see the wedding. It was very pretty. I actually knew the bride and groom. Gary worked phones at night so I would see him when I came to work in the morning. Karen is a sweet sweet lady. Such a good couple. I went to my friend's "house", or here in the community, their room and we hooked up to the HDMI

" I had to work phones tonight. On my way from doing phones...I ran into the youth group. They were going to hand out Bibles at the shelter. I asked why they returned so soon, with the Bibles in hand. They said the shelter said they preferred the group not give out the Bibles. I felt so bad for them after they wanted to evangelize and give back to the community. I got to talk to the lady, it bummed me out that they weren't able to witness.

" So I did some research. I remember in the South the shelters around there are mostly church run too. They get federal funding but are very upfront about having Christ in the center of their message. I know several homeless shelters where homeless people are "forced" to listen to the church messages before they get their dinner or go to bed. I know some of the homeless I've talked to said they hate that.

" The North, it is very different. Well I don't know many shelters around here except the one that is run by the community that I live in, but it seems totally different. I thought and thought and talked to someone about that and came to this conclusion.

" I think it is sadly about the difference between being in the "bible belt" (Florida, Alaabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina). It seems there the instutions, like homeless shelters and other aide organizations, are allowed to, for example, hand out a track or say Jesus loves you. But still if people don't want to hear the Gospel, they won't hear the Gospel, until God opens their hearts.

" It saddened my heart that the youth group didn't get to pass out Bibles. But then again, if the Bibles weren't going to get used, then maybe they would be used as scrap paper, and that would not be a good thing.

" Sorry to rant. The youtube video is a song I have in my Spirit tonight. Your love never fails never gives up never runs out on me.....so true....so true.

"

" Goodnight all

" Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment