Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day to You Father

Well, sorry I haven't written that much. I haven't had that much going on lately. I broke my computer screen a few weeks ago. Thankfully a very good friend of mine helped me out with that. I've had a very busy week this past week. I attended three parties and am going to one tonight for the graduation of my fellow discipleship classmates.

School is out here and I love it. There are kids everywhere and it reminds me of my summers going to summer camp and swim lessons. I was never really into sports growing up but I sure did love the swimming lessons that we got to do Monday Wednesday and Friday. I was a late swimmer. I took lessons every summer and I forgot how old I was when I started swimming. I remember holding on to the edges of Grandpa and Grandma Faye's swimming pool. I remember my cousin Jackie coming over, Glenn and Kesha come over.... or was Kesha with Glenn at that time? I don't really remember. (Glenn is my brother) My step sister at the time Jamie (ugh I couldn't stand her) As soon as I could swim I remember it just clicked. I enjoyed my summers.

Hopefully the pool next door has new hours for the summer and since I don't have classes anymore, maybe I will be able to go. Summer is finally here in Chicago. I thought it would never come.

Today we stood up in church and along with recognizing the Project 12 graduates, we also recognized the fathers in the congregation. I tried to tell every father that I saw happy father's day. Today I realize maybe our Father in Heaven doesn't get the recognition He deserves. He did become and man and die on the cross for me and you (whoever reads this blog I hope someone does) If not, that still doesn't change the fact that Jesus died on the cross for you. Today I am just so happy and content with my life and the way things are going with me right now. God has lead me here for a reason. He is the best Father and I don't think that I would have come this far if it wasn't for Him and His grace.

Friday I wrote a poem for a test (I hope I don't fail it) in John's class on discipleship. When he gives the papers back, I will share it with you. I love the discipleship classes. Even though they end for the summer, I can't wait for next year to start.

Also today in church, we talked about Psalm 122. I was really convicted. Ever since I have been going to church since I was little. I always go about in a rushed panic trying to get ready for church. If I were for instance, going to the beach, I would wake up early and make sure that everything is ready to go. I wouldn't ever ever forget my sunblock, especially after seeing one of the moms on the fifth floor getting burnt to a crisp. I would make sure I had my swim stuff ready. Yet for church, I don't get that excited. I remember a youth pastor named Seth once said that we can hoop and holler at a football game, but we don't get that excited for God. So next Sunday I will try to be ready and prepared as if I were getting ready for a football game.

Well that is all I have for now. I will leave you with Psalm 122. Love you all
Chrissy

Psalm 122

A song of ascents. Of David.

I rejoiced with those who said to me,
    “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”
Our feet are standing
    in your gates, Jerusalem.
Jerusalem is built like a city
    that is closely compacted together.
That is where the tribes go up—
    the tribes of the Lord
to praise the name of the Lord
    according to the statute given to Israel.
There stand the thrones for judgment,
    the thrones of the house of David.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
    “May those who love you be secure.
May there be peace within your walls
    and security within your citadels.
For the sake of my family and friends,
    I will say, “Peace be within you.”
For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
    I will seek your prosperity.


No comments:

Post a Comment