Friday, June 21, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Rhythm


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on the word:::
- See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/06/five-minute-friday-rhythm/#sthash.7OYHWyw5.dpuf

GO

So the Summer comes, my first summer in Chicago. It totally messes up my rhythm. It's humid, hot and muggy just like a Georgia or North Carolina summer. It's not supposed to be this way. My discipleship classes are over so now I'm all out of tune. I have nothing to do in the afternoon, or do I? I saw Jude's mom sitting outside her room down the hall the other day. I decided to go to her and pray for her.

Jude is a sweet boy who has some bone ailment and the doctors can't figure out what's wrong with him. He just had surgery to put a bone in place or something. He's in pain day or night. Sometimes if I stay up at night I can hear him from down the hallways and I wonder if that family is out of their normal rhythm. I want to do something besides pray but I don't know what to do.

This weekend is Tim's wedding. He's a cook I worked with for a little while when I first got here and worked in the kitchen. It's out of rhythm because everyone is scrambling around for the parties and the wedding ceremony. It's good to be out of rhythm sometimes. If life did have a constant beat with the constant thing day after day we would get bored.

STOP

2 comments:

  1. Christina,

    I understand what you mean by "we would get bored" with our constant beats. That is what I wrote about today in my 5 minute friday post. My rhythms are the same, day in and day out. And its stifling. I know it doesn't feel good to be out of rhythm, but its also sometimes exactly what we need. I'm glad you were able to go and pray with Jude's mom....that rhythm probably created a ripple in her life...in the way she needed right then. Good luck in your summer in Chi town. Praying it won't be as humid as it is here in SC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those first two paragraphs. Felt like I was jumping right into an awesome memoir!

    ReplyDelete