Saturday, June 22, 2013

An Unexpected change of events

Well, my plans changed again...This time in a good sorta way. My day yesterday was really good. Just so you know they went ahead and put Jude in the hospital for pain control. Please pray for him. Earlier in the week, I had signed up for wedding work. My job was going to be the flower party. I don't remember who told me, but for and Laura's wedding. I signed up for reception work. I did this only so that I could go to the reception. It really made me mad because the thing I had signed up for the last time, the other girl that was helping me decided to scratch my name out at the last minute (without letting me know) and signed up her boyfriend. So, I thought maybe God was trying to let me know that I didn't need to go to the reception. But usually the reception is the best part of the wedding.

Well this go round, I signed up for the flower party. I was thinking to myself hmm this is fun I can put flowers together and do something really useful for the bride and groom. We were going to meet right after dinner in the senior's dining room. When I get there, I see no flowers just another lady setting up the room. So I ask, where are the flowers? She then tells me that we are not the ones in the flower party, we are the ones helping to set up for the flower party. EERRRGGGHHHH!!!!  A friend of mine even told me to sign up for the flower party that I would have so much fun. UUUGGGHHHH!!!. So I helped set up tables and arrange the drinks and candy dishes along with the refreshment station with chips and dips. I did it with a good heart, but I was disappointed that I didn't get to put together corsages.

Well after the flower party, I go to the front desk. A lady is there and I overhear her saying that she needs someone to do her weekend work for phones. So, I'm thinking in my mind phones or wedding? Money or wedding? So here I am working the phones.  Next time I will go look at the wedding work wall and sign up for something fun. I wish I had a servant's heart.

Tonight I might go to the beach, I'm not sure yet...Here's for hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment