Friday, April 11, 2014

Five Minute Friday - Paint



1. Write for 5 minutes flat on the prompt: “Paint” with no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.


Today's prompt is Paint. 

So......let's go.

So I am sitting here in the living room at Jesus People USA. Every floor has its own living room. There are red and white walls. The white walls are very pretty (they might be off white) But there are two sides of the four walls that are a dark red. Almost the color of dark red grapes. 

Just from the description I gave you, you are probably thinking that the red wall is pretty and you wouldn't imagine any flaws in the wall. But there are big splotches of white paint covering one of the red walls. It looks very tacky.

This week, God keeps pointing out to me that really we all have our struggles. A few years ago, If you would have asked me as a young Christian, I would have said that we are all like white walls. I thought we had to be perfect. I went to a huge church a few years ago, no one seemed to struggle and there were no talks of struggling,  

This week this was pointed out to me in my Lent devo that even the disciples had their struggles.In the garden falling asleep. Jesus came to them and said something like (Chrissy's paraphrase) Why can't you stay awake in My hour of need the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Lord, thank you for the white splotches on my red wall. I know that your blood is what covers my wall. I don't have to pretend to be perfect, because I'm not where near perfect.

end



3 comments:

  1. great visual! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I love that visual. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your post Chrissy. I am glad that God accepts us with all our imperfections and He uses them to help us minister to others. Thanks for visiting my blog during FMF. I appreciate your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete