Friday, March 7, 2014

Five Minute Friday

So this weeks Five Minute Friday prompt is willing.

Not sure how this will go since Im posting from my phone...so...here I go.

START

Lately when I think about willing, especially this week, I think about the insurance "nightmare" I went through this week. I went to the doctor on my insurance...well that was all fine and dandy. I had them send my prescription to CVS and then surprise surprise they cant find my info even after calling the insurance company.

So I called the insurance, they called the insurance. I spoke with managers at the call center. (now having been in the same boat as a call center agent, I know how it feels to get yelled at for something you didnt do).

Fives calls later with two supervisor calls and its Friday. I still dont have my medicine. The reason I say this is because in the Christian life, we have to be willing to spend all our time and resources on the things of God. Pursuing Him like He is the insurance company but not because things arent going the way we want, but because He loves us and we love Him. We have to be willing to serve even though things dont go our way and we dont get what we want.

Even though I'm not feeling the need to pray but being willing to lay it all down, like Facebook for Lent and say God I am here. Please speak to me.

DONE

No comments:

Post a Comment