Saturday, March 9, 2013

Post from Tuesday


Tuesday when I got here, I got to see lots of snow. The snow looked so pretty. It reminded me of the Christmas song I learned from the remnant. Snow is only falling if it falls for Thee when it falls for Thee and it decorates the trees. I know that this is not Christmas time but I don't think God minds us singing His praises all the time. I was really blessed to even get to the JPUSA building. I thought I was going to be stranded. It ended up that I was the last stop during the snow storm. All the other bus trips were cancelled because of the snow storm. When I got to the building I walked inside and was introduced to a lot of people (I still can't remember everyone's name) and I ate dinner that night (after 24 hours on a bus) and took a shower (wow that felt good to take a shower after so long on a bus).

I got to meet my roommate Sarah, who is very sweet. She and I talked for a little bit and also found out that we have a little bit in common. She was moving her stuff from the bottom bunk to the middle bunk. The bunks in our room contain three beds. So by the time she moved them all, I only had time to move my clothes in.

I fell asleep that night and slept peacefully until 7:00 the next morning. I didn't even hear the traffic down below. I only heard the occasional siren. (There is a hospital down the street and a fire station on the other side)

No comments:

Post a Comment